Friday, November 15, 2019

23A – Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage

Resource List:

- $3000 in my savings account
V: This is worth exactly $3000.
R: Money is not rare.
I: Everyone can use their own money.
N: This can be substituted for any cash.

- A Scooter
V: This is worth around $1200 now.
R: Scooters are very common at UF.
I: Not many can build their own scooter for use.
N: Many people can purchase a replacement scooter.

- Loans/Credit
V: The value lies with the amount the loan is given as.
R: Depending on which type of loan, it may be rare.
I: Many others can take out loans.
N: There are many options for loans on UF campus.

- Skills in Digital Design
V: This is something valuable to me because a solid brand/logo makes all the difference in the world.
R: This is not rare, there are many graphic designers.
I: Not many others can do graphic design.
N: There are graphic designs for hire everywhere.

- Potential Board Members
V: This might be a burden now but a potential huge help going forward, as we grow.
R: This is kind of rare to find in any other city than a college town.
I: No one can replicate this. Either you have a degree or not.
N: There are replacements everywhere in the School of Business.

- My house
V: The value is from the $2200 due in rent every month.
R: Having a house is not rare.
I: Many others can buy a house of similar value.
N: There are numerous replacements in Gainesville, including some identical replacements in the same unit as me.

- Our brand
V: This is priceless. The brand is the most essential part of a company.
R: Brands are not rare, but a good brand that sticks is.
I: A good brand is not easily replicated.
N: There are many great brands already in the marketplace.

- Computer
V: The computer is worth around $1200.
R: Macbooks are not rare.
I: Nobody but Apple can build Macbooks.
N: They can be replaced by alternatives that probably cost less.

- Cell Phone
V: The cell phone is approximately valued at $800.
R: This is not rare. Everyone has an iPhone.
I: Nobody can create their own iPhone, they must buy one.
N: Replacement iPhones and other phones are available nationwide.

- Boxes
V: These have little to no value.
R: Boxes are very common.
I: Many others can find and use their own boxes.
N: Other boxes can be bought to replace mine.

Overall, the best resource I currently have is my skills in digital design. Digital design aids in the creation of a logo, website, and brand. These skills are hard to find and go for top-dollar in the business marketplace. Being able to create logos on my own not only saves me a lot of money, but also helps me put passion and creativity behind the company.

2 comments:

  1. After reading all your resources, I agree with your choice of the best resource you can have. I truly believe this resource is the most important one. This resource will be the one that will help you in the long run for your business. By having this resource you can come out on top from other companies with those skills you have. You're already a step ahead of everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael, I believe that you have really good resources for your venture. With this exercise we can realize what we can work with and know what tools could allow us to start a business and understand that the things we are constantly learning or our past experiences are really useful at the moment of starting something.

    ReplyDelete