Friday, November 8, 2019

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

The book I chose to read was The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki.

1.) The general theme of the book was how to increase your presence and look professional on social media. The book focused on the do's and don't's of the professional world on Twitter and gave step by step examples and explanations on how entrepreneurs can reel people in on social media. The book offers tips and tricks pertaining to almost every social media outlet, including Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, etc.

2.) The book dives into the psychology on humans and analyzes what exactly makes them click or view your content. This connects to this class because we study human behavior all the time in our assignments. When we separated our target market into market segments, and conducted interviews, we essentially handled the research portion of what the book had to say about human behavior and interaction.

3.) I would design an exercise that requires students to create a Twitter account for their business. The assignment would involve taking a professional headshot, using a professional cover photo, and creating a handle, biography, and a sample tweet (with 4 pictures). This would allow students to get their own head start on promoting their product.

4.) The biggest surprise to me was the book's protocol when dealing with negative users. They said to treat it like a boxing match, and that once the argument reaches the third round, to block the opposer. This surprised me because, personally I deal with social media negativity a lot, but I never realized how much corporations do as well. They must have a really efficient way of blocking out the hate.

3 comments:

  1. I was planning on reading this book but I do not know why chose not to. But based on your summary you gave it looks like a really interesting book. This book will work great for me because I might end up opening a business of my own and learning these tips can help me a lot for the future. I'll read this book next time their is a reading reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael,
    I think it is pretty cool and interesting in understanding the psychology of what leads us to click on certain ads and pages and since social media is so crucial for a company to be able to survive in today’s society. Due to that, I feel this book will be really informative for many individuals to read to be able to capitalize on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a different book, but i really like what you had to say about this one, it seems like a very good read. I am now interested in learning about the topics discussed in your book. Might have to read it for reading review 3.

    ReplyDelete