What are the key components of my hypothesis?:
- The WHO: people living on the southeast coast of the United States
- Exploring the who?: This problem mainly deals with those living on the southeast coast of the US. However it also includes those bordering the Gulf of Mexico and those along the northeast coast of the United States. In a more broad sense, people all throughout the country are at risk for natural disasters, whether it's a Hurricane, tornado, earthquake, etc.
- The WHAT: are unprepared and scared every time a Hurricane is reported to hit us
- Exploring the what?: I would like to know more information about how other companies prepare during Hurricane season. Do they offer Hurricane relief packages? Are there discounts on items given the elasticity of the product? Do people seek grocery items or shutter/preventative items in a time of Hurricane distress?
- The WHY: because recent trends confirm that Hurricanes are very dangerous and a lot of companies only offer very specific solutions to the Hurricane.
- Exploring the why?: This why is supported by the news and media. The news and media serve a big role in pushing people to get up and act during a time of Hurricane threats. The hysteria and fear the media strikes into people is what allows the Hurricane to stimulate the economy.
During my interviews, I asked my interviewees questions that attempted to broaden or key-in on aspects of my who, what and why. Most of the answers I received were along the lines of what I said. However, through interviewing, I realized one problem that a lot of people seem to have. A lot of people forget everything they need, or end up needing to go to multiple stores just to gather what they need. Such an inconvenience can cause people to be in conditions that they are not prepared for. This problem is definitely something to key in on if I want to take advantage of this opportunity.
Hi Michael,
ReplyDeleteAs a resident of South Florida, I believe this opportunity is a very useful and needed one as climate change is very real and we are getting more prone to hurricanes year by year. I believe the idea of possibly offering different packages of different values will be very popular and I can vividly see every family purchasing one. However, I feel like Amazon offers some type of hurricane or disaster-relief package too so if I were you I would focus on how to make your packages more valuable or cheaper so Amazon doesn’t run you out of business.
Hi Michael,
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great idea, given the current circumstances. With Dorian having very high strength winds, I would want to know for a fact that I was safe for the rest of hurricane season. I think that this idea would make you some decent money and I think you should wait till the next hurricane to buy supplies to resell.