Wednesday, September 11, 2019

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story

One of the most entrepreneurial tasks in my life was quite literally entrepreneurial. I had a friend of mine take ENT3003 last semester. He decided to pursue a business venture of his and enroll to compete in the Warrington Big Idea Competition. He added me on to the team as the CFO, but I learned mostly everything I could ever need to know about operating a business from the experience. Over the course of several months, we designed the business model and composed a complete business plan. It was a very valuable experience to have, even though we didn't end up advancing past the first cuts.


The experience I described before is the main reason I am taking this class. I am a Finance major with a passion for business, but I hope to take this class and further my knowledge about entrepreneurs. That reason, along with the reason that I would like to have the resources and knowledge available to pursue a business opportunity if one comes up, is the reason I am taking this class.

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of The Big Idea before reading this post, I think this was a very very interesting post about the types of entrepreneurial experiences you have surrounded yourself with. This competition seems like it is a great experience that can help individuals like you in the future. Even though you didn't make the first cuts, you should go back and try again.

    ReplyDelete