Friday, October 11, 2019

14A – Halfway Reflection

1.)    I have used many skills and habits to keep up with this course. First of all, I stay organized. I sync all of my work shifts, classes, and meetings to my iOS Calendar. This way, I can look everyday at my calendar to see my responsibilities for the day. This helps me not miss any assignments in this class. I also work ahead of schedule. Doing my work in advance has helped me to limit the margin of error in this class. If my computer were to break, or if the website couldn't load, I would still be prepared to submit my assignment.

2.)    Midway through the semester, I felt like giving up. This was because my scooter broke down and that was my main way of transporting myself to and from class and work. Taking the bus is a much longer process and with the unscheduled breaks the bus drivers get, I can never truly rely on the bus schedule. However, once I realized I had no other option, I decided to make the most of my unfortunate situation. I tried to get as many shifts picked up during my period without transportation and I used the bus 15 minutes in advance to avoid any unforeseen delays.

3.)    Here are my 3 tips to students taking this class next semester:

  • Do work ahead of time.
  • Don't underestimate the amount of time the assignments will take you.
  • Start to think like an entrepreneur (outside-of-the-box).
Image result for student

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,
    I think that is a great idea what you did of syncing all your tasks and objectives to your IOS calendar as I feel we always have our phones us so that limits the possibility of forgetting something. I am sorry to hear about your scooter, but I am glad to hear that you worked with the situation and kept going! Determination; a skill any entrepreneur definitely needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I came across your halfway reflection because I need to start doing what you're doing. I know when the assignments are due but like I'm not on my laptop 24/7 so keeping a calendar on my phone is very helpful. I do the same thing when it comes to working early and doing them ahead of time as well.

    ReplyDelete